|The Cowboy Channel (real-time)
|Cowboy Channel Plus (International)
It imports — not to mention categorizes — all the transactions on these accounts. Additionally, users can email receipts to the app or upload them directly to the website. Overall, ABUKAI Expenses is a flexible and convenient tool for managing and organizing business expenses.
When it comes to identifying tax write-offs, overspending, profitability, and other financial insights, businesses seek out an accountant. Concur has Expenselt, a receipt scanning feature on its mobile app. It’s best apps to keep track of receipts one of the best receipt apps that automatically turns photos of your employees’ travel expenses receipts into data. The best way to keep track and not lose your receipts is to use a receipt management app.
The Best Business Receipt Tracking Apps – Final Thoughts
They clog your wallet, shoeboxes and anywhere else you can fit them. When it comes time to budget, do your taxes, or turn in your expense report, how do you ever expect to find them all? Like others on this list, it does not automate everything for you. You’ll still need to have an accountant use data from the app to file taxes and create financial documents. That said, it has some powerful expense and receipt management features at a reasonable cost. Although Expensify does not have as many features as Quickbooks, it is solely designed for managing expenses.
- Don’t forget you can use a simple scanning app like CamScanner (Android, Apple; Free) to scan receipts and other documents using your phone’s camera.
- The Forbes Advisor Small Business team is committed to bringing you unbiased rankings and information with full editorial independence.
- Neat uses optical character recognition (OCR) software to extract information from paper documents and turn them into usable, keyword-searchable data.
- Many small businesses use Zoho’s other tools—CRM, project management, and more.
- With its advanced OCR technology, Wave allows you to capture receipts using your smartphone camera effortlessly.
- One of the key features of the app is the ability to store proof of deductible expenses by attaching an image of the receipt to the corresponding transaction details.
- Our receipt scanner will help you maximize your deductions at the end of the year by identifying and categorizing all your expenses.
However, like QuickBooks, it can’t do your books and taxes for you. Although, it does make the process easier, so you’re not wasting time on manual data entry. You can hire an accountant and then give them access to your FreshBooks account, so they have all the data they need for bookkeeping, taxes, and so on. Like other apps, you can easily take a photo of a receipt with your phone.
Best for QuickBooks Users
But its AI-powered OCR tools, which support handwriting and multiple languages, make it well worth trying out. The three most popular apps among the small business owners we spoke with are Expensify, Rydoo and AutoEntry. Choosing the right receipt scanning app really depends on
when you need to scan apps and how you need to use them. Try out a few of these
apps and see for yourself which one is right for you. Zoho is a highly functional app beyond the receipt scanning
feature, making it an easy choice if you want access to the full suite of Zoho
products. Even though it’s just a document scanner, it’s also a great
way to organize receipts because it includes the ability to sort those scans
into multiple folders.
- Upload your receipts your way—then sit back and let Wave auto-magically turn them into bookkeeping records.
- QuickBooks Online’s receipt scanner feature allows users to conveniently track and record receipts from vendors.
- As a result, you’ll be able to retrieve your receipts anytime and from any location.
- In that case, your ideal bookkeeping setup might involve a combination of Abukai and Dext.
- In fact, some of the other apps on our list integrate with Evernote as a place to store your receipts in the cloud.
QuickBooks Online offers an array of features designed specifically for small businesses. In addition to invoicing and expense tracking, it also provides robust financial reporting capabilities. You can generate reports on profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and more. These reports give you valuable insights into your business’s financial health so that you can make informed decisions.
Receipt scanner apps with additional features
You can also invite your accountant directly to the app so they have access to all necessary documents at all times. Your receipts might be formatted in a specific format based on what you’re using them for. A tax accountant may demand that you scan or upload all of your receipts as PDFs, but your work expense program only accepts JPEG photos.
You should keep your electronic receipts for 3 to 7 years, especially if you use them to verify your tax return information. This way, if an audit occurs, you will have proof to back up any claims you have made. Maximize efficiency with the best PDF compressor tools to reduce file sizes significantly while maintaining quality, perfect for easy sharing and storage. Easy Expense extracts essential information such as vendor, division, taxes, sum, and payment type using powerful image processing and AI. The developer, Axel Hunter, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below. Not only can OneReceipt import receipts in many different ways, but let you categorize them in ways that makes it easiest for you to manage them.